My daughter has been scrapbooking and art journaling with me lately. She is 5 years old and has been making art with me ever since she was about 2 years old. Today I wanted to share with you some of the things she likes to use in her art journal and scrapbook.
First is the journal or scrapbook.
- She liked using a Hello Kitty Smash book that we picked up at Michael's craft store a long time ago. I couldn't seem to find it for sale online anymore, but it is similar to their regular smash books.
- For watercolor painting, we like to use the Moleskine watercolor journal. It is a bit pricier than a regular sketchbook, but for using paints in a journal, it is unparalleled. The quality of the paper is worth a few extra dollars. This is the journal I like to use for myself.
- For the scrapbook below, she used a Simple Stories Snapt book. It is very similar to the Project Life style scrapbooking with sleeves to put in pictures and cards.
Some of the materials we use for art journaling and scrapbooking include:
- stickers of all kinds
- drawings made previously and cut up
- pictures from magazines
- Crayola watercolor paints
- Mr. Sketch markers
- decorative Washi tape of all kinds
- Elmer's BoardMate Color Slicks
- scrapbooking paper of all kinds