Painting!







20 comments

GlorV1 said...

Love your watercolor. Excellent!

EVA said...

Wow! I especially love the first one! Though they are all lovely, that first just captivates me. how did you manage to keep the edges so clean?

Welcome to the party, Marcia!!

Christine said...

your work is beautiful, thanks for sharing. The first one looks like another world to me, like an odd shaped earth like planet.

Heather said...

beautiful watercolor work here. I do love the first one, too, and was thinking the same as eva....your edges are so clean! nice to meet your through PPF

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks everyone, you are all so sweet! I am most happy with the first one as well.. the other ones seem more like practices to me. :) I used watercolor masking sheets, which are like contact paper you stick on the paper. It is just sticky enough to stick, but not enough to rip the paper when you peel it back. Nice to meet you all too :)

Deanna said...

I love the first one! it looks almost 3D. What a neat technique you have!

Nelly said...

I really love that first one. It has such a neat effect to it like it is floating in space. Very cool!

Kharlie Bug said...

Watercolor is so fun! The first one reminds me of a Murano Glass Ring. Pretty pretty!

Crystal said...

Wow the colors are so cool! I love it! :-)

Pam Tucker said...

I LOVE these! My favorite is the first one. Someone said it reminded them of Murano glass. It reminded me of the same. Just as beautiful!

Kristin Dudish said...

Such fascinating watercolors! I love how vibrant they are :)

Heather Foust said...

Oh how I love watercolors. These are great!

Rosie Kaplan said...

I LOVE the first one. Makes me want to use water colour!

Yvonne said...

Great pieces ...the first one is fantastic! Happy PPF!

gma said...

I was going to ask if you taped these off and then saw in the comments that you did. Very nice!

Carrie Martinez said...

So vibrantly beautiful! I find watercolors so challenging...but I love little effects like the "jack frost" effect you achieved above (I don't know what its called, but its when the color spreads out in little lines and blurriness like in photo 3. Congrats on being a new mom, and hooray for art teachers :)

Unknown said...

Oh I love your choices of palette- fabulous!
Happy PPF- a day late ;)
Stephanie

Priti Lisa said...

You make watercolor seem easy...and I know it's not! what an incredible array...
xo

Annabelle said...

Water colours are magical in that they surprise you when you least expect it! I should try working with them again. Enjoy being a new mom...life really is busy and before you know it the little ones are all grown up and become your immediate art critics....horror!!!! Haha...just joking.

Adore the first.....reminds me of a life buoy.

Annabelle >^..^<

jilly said...

Beautiful- colors, designs, pattern and feel they evoke!