Stamping with Legos

My Lego Stamping Example

At school, I taught a stamping with Legos project.  Place your piece of paper on top of a piece of felt (to allow some squish room).  Then, get your Legos full of black rubberstamp ink and press on the paper.  We also used game pieces from the game Perfection.  I lucked out and found two of these games at a garage sale this summer.

If the ink pads became slightly dried out we used Avery Carter's Stamp Pad Inker to add more ink to the stamp pad.


After the papers were dry, we used black pens to go over some of the areas that did not turn out dark enough.  Then we used markers and colored pencils to color.

Below are some examples from my students.. grades 1-3.  Aren't they fun?  Would you like to see more of my student's artwork on this blog?







Art is Basic website
My Art
Etsy Shop
Pinterest

9 comments

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these. And I know you have lots of legos in your house! xox

Charmaine said...

I am now on a hunt for Legos! What a great idea for printmaking with younger students.

Linda Kunsman said...

LOVE these Marcia! What a creative way to get the kids involved-if only I'd seen this years ago when we had a huge tub of legos!

Art on my Hands said...

I Love these Lego prints. I purchased legos this summer with hopes of doing a printing project but I am inspired to take it further and add color as you have done with your students. Wonderful project.

Maria Medeiros said...

very creative and fun! Lovely!

Carmen said...

This looks so much fun - who knew Lego would make such great stampers :) Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! My boy had tons of Legos that I can use and they come in so many different shapes and sizes now.

Tammy N said...

Very clever idea. I bet your kids loved stamping with legos and other things.

Teddi said...

marcia what a super idea! seeing how they interpreted each in their own way is what makes art so interesting and fun. :)