Visit Artists in Blogland to join in and link up with us.
- Each month will be a different Scavenger Hunt theme!
- You will have the whole month of October to participate. Link up an entry that fits the scavenger hunt.
- How is it a Scavenger Hunt? You can interpret the challenge to be like a scavenger hunt.
2) Make a new artwork inspired by the topic
3) Find an old artwork or blog post that incorporates the theme
4) Create a tutorial or respond in another way related to the theme.
The theme for the month of October is:
DOORS and WINDOWSI decided to create some cut windows and doors for my art journal and take pictures along the way.
- I used a separate piece of paper to practice cutting on. I placed a cutting mat underneath the paper and used an x-acto knife to cut my windows. The green stencil allows the cut to be straight and neat.
- I cut square windows in a variety of sizes and a door.
- I found some scrapbooking embellishments that fit around the holes pretty well! I glued those on to the paper.
- I added colored tape around some frames, some doodles with markers and more embellishments.
- I found this old art journal page, which was ok, but I didn't love. I tested out the windows by placing it on top of the journal page. After seeing where the openings would be, I added the little instagram photo and a few of the texts.
- After taping the window sheet onto my journal page, this is the end result. I like that the top layer can be flipped open and you can see the bottom journal page as well.
- Here is a close-up shot of the windows.
- and another detail shot.
- And what it looks like with the little door opened.
- If you don't want to cut all your own windows, another option is to take some old greeting cards with windows on them, trim them how you'd like and glue to your journal page.
I hope you play along with us at the Scavenger Hunt Challenge!
Linking to Art Journal Every Day
Art is Basic website