Bubble Prints

Over the summer I tested out several ways to make bubble prints.  I experimented and discovered they way that works best for me.  I decided to do bubble printing with some students this past week, because it was the week before break and I wanted something fun and out-of-the-ordinary to do with them. 

So apparently bubbles are out of season right now.  I went to Hobby Lobby however, and found this pack of 24 small party bubbles.


Pop off the top and if the bottle is really full, you will need to pour out a small bit so there is room for the dye.  Then, drop in a few drops of food coloring or liquid watercolor (both work).  Then, add a little bit of dishwashing soap to make it more bubbly.


Then blow the bubbles with the wand like you normally would.  Let the bubbles drop on the paper.  The ones that turn out really well are the bubbles that land on the paper, sit there for a little while and then pop.  The extra splatters look really cool too!





3 comments

Beatrice, Bea, Bibi--That's me! said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing in LL 101!

Linda Kittmer said...

How cool is that! Thanks for the idea. Met you in Letter Love 101.

Linda
http://lindakittmer.blogspot.com

maureenb said...

That is so creative! I really like the idea of small party pack sized bubble bottles for students. I guess you'd find them in the bridal section too! Thanks for sharing a great idea!
http://maureenmeanswell.blogspot.com/