Art Journal Video Flip-Through

Hello there!

I always love to see other people's videos of their sketchbooks.  I don't have the best video equipment, I just use my regular camera (it has a video feature).

Finishing a journal is so satisfying, right?

Each of my art journal sketchbooks takes several months to fill.  This particular journal I had a lot of fun with because it opens from both sides, as you will see in the video.  As I was working on the pages, I became confused at some points and worked on them upside down and you will see some of these when I flip the journal over.

*Edit*  I made this sketchbook myself. 
At this bottom of this post I explained how I reconstructed a sketchpad and brought it to Kinko's to bind. 

Here is another post I made when I bought my own binding tool to bind sketchbooks.


Enjoy the video!

7 comments

GlorV1 said...

I loved it!! Yay for flip flop journals and pray tell where did you purchase this flip flop journal. I would love one. Very nice. Thanks.

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Gloria! I am going to update this blog post to show how I made the journal.

froebelsternchen said...

great!

GlorV1 said...

I'll be looking forward to it.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Oh, how I loved flipping through your art journal with you! So vibrant! I love meeting all you glorious artists via AEDM!

My post from today may be found here if you would like to visit...

Teddi said...

marcia, you have such great art style! i enjoyed seeing your journals through your video. :)

deSales said...

Loved the video, looking forward to the tutorial.
It took me a while to remember the name of the band- mumford and sons, right?