My LINK LOVE is at the bottom of this post!I am taking the 21 Secrets online workshop. Since it started a few years ago, I've heard lots of people talking about it on their blogs. Obviously, with a limited amount of free time along with a limited amount of disposable income, I have always been choosy about the classes I can sign up for. I want to make sure I have the time to devote to the courses I purchase.
If you haven't heard of 21 Secrets, it is an online art journaling playground with 21 instructors giving 21 different video workshops. If you don't keep an art journal, there are still loads of techniques that can transfer over into other art areas. It is well worth the price. I have only watched Cathy Bluteau's workshop so far and it was fantastic! I love her artwork, and have always wanted to see her process. The art journal page shown above was one that I made this week using the same process she does. 21 Secrets will be open until the end of the calendar year, so you have plenty of time if you want to sign up.
I was debating whether or not to take an in-person painting class this summer, but it gets tricky with childcare. I stay home with Daria all summer and do take her to daycare once per week for "me time", but the painting classes I really wanted to take did not work out with the times I had available. So, I decided that I would sign up for 21 Secrets and then work through the video workshops on the days that Daria is at daycare this summer. (I didn't get compensated to talk about 21 Secrets, but if you sign up through your favorite instructors' blog, they will get "credit" for your purchase.)
Share the Link Love
Daisy Yellow has set out a mission to share the link love. List your favorite recent blog links and then join in the group at her blog.
1. First, I'm really enjoying the Coffeeshop Blog. She shares free downloadable Photoshop actions to transform your photos. Awesome! I'm surprised it took me so long to discover Photoshop actions.
2. One of the language arts/social studies teachers at my school has started her own photography blog. She is very talented! One of blog posts is about found poetry photography.
This is also like Marit's found book Haiku poetry! Marit is also the founder of Featuring magazine. Our 4th issue is wrapping up shortly and should be finished in the next few weeks.
3. I subscribe to a lot of blogs about.. what else, but... BLOGGING! You can get a lot of good ideas from those pro-bloggers. This article, 5 Keys to Writing Excellent Blog Posts, was useful.
My next few links will be to elementary art teacher's blogs. I subscribe to a ton of these and if you have children or ever play with children, these might be interesting to you.
4. I really like the Lenkerville Art Room blog. I recently discovered this one and I enjoy her "Friday Photos" posts... just snippets from the art room. I might start that up on my own art teaching blog.
5. Aren't these the cutest paper mache pets? From Artolazzi.
6. Colorful paper sculptures from MVM Art room. I will definitely be doing this with my little students to use up our huge box of paper scraps!
Thanks for reading! Best wishes, Marcia
Art is Basic website