My favorite places to link up artwork and share are Paint Party Friday and Art Journal Every Day.
Hi all! Here is a journal page that made using watercolor paints, an Easter doily, black pens, photocopies, ephemera and lots of white paint. White paint on top of watercolor paints gives it that ethereal, hazy look. The words were "found poetry".. snippets of text from the same children's book where I got those images of the children.
Spinning.. that about sums up the month of April. I'm working on a lot of really "meaty" projects (can't think of a better word). Projects that I am enjoying, but also there are so many parts to pull together for each of them. The big project is completing our school yearbook. The deadline is coming up at the end of April so I am trying to get all the loose ends tied up. Then, we are also making artwork for the school auction at the end of the year... group pieces that will be framed. They are turning out awesome! I will post pics when those are all done. We're also finishing up Student Council things and one of those big events is the end-of-the-year school dance. Did you think it would be very difficult for a group of 12 middle school kids to decide on a theme that half of them don't hate? We had a very long and humorous discussion about the theme. I thought the neon colors theme would be fantastic but some of the kids vehemently opposed it.
Tammy, at Daisy Yellow, is having a Share the Link Love feature on her blog.
I do enjoy linking up to other blogs and articles I am loving. Sporadically I will post 5 Fabulous Things I am Loving Right Now. I include products, articles, books and artwork I enjoy. For this post of 5 Fabulous Things I will include only blog articles to share with you. Here is my entry for her challenge:
1. To Parents of Small Children: Let Me Be the One Who Says it Out Loud: Yes yes yes! I really needed to hear this!
2. How To DIY Your Own Photoshop Brush: This tutorial by Linda is very clear and seems easy to do. I have not tried it yet, but this is on my to-do list for fun things to try this summer.
3. You've seen the Cain's Arcade video right? Well, a whole school decided to make their own cardboard arcade and here are the results. Pretty fun!
4. Tim Jarosz's beautiful city landscape altered and colored photos
5. Blacksburg Belle's secret photo editing tool.
I went ahead and bought some of the photoshop actions after seeing her blog post. They make some really nice effects. I'm still trying to figure out what looks best.