June 6, 2011



Just playing, having fun, combining colors and cutting out shapes.  I taught a silhouette project with my 3rd graders a couple weeks ago and the girl below is where that came from.  I sometimes will make my own examples for the kids, and then blend them into my sketchbook.  The bottom two pages need to have some writing added to them before I can call them an art journal page.  Tape seems to be the big thing lately.  I've noticed lots of people using colored tapes in their mixed media art.  It's a nice way to make a solid line quickly and to of course, attach something!  





6 comments

Erin Keane said...

I keep wanting to post, but Blogger won't let me (maybe this time it will...). I am also an art teacher, middle school, and it's fun to see another art teacher who not only makes time for personal work but allows classroom projects to inspire the artwork (and the artwork to inspire the classroom projects). I've enjoyed browsing your posts! Thanks for sharing.

Erin Keane said...

Well, it worked this time (been trying for days!) and I'll continue to follow your posts! Best, Erin

Unknown said...

Love your dabblings. Hope this post gets through as i have been having trouble leaving comments.

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks for the comments! That is weird, people keep saying they are having trouble with comment, but I haven't had any yet. :)

Jenny Petricek said...

Hi, Marcia! Looking at your work (and that of your students!) makes me wish I'd majored in art education instead of English! I think this journal is divine...I've also discovered decorative tapes, and have started using them in my journals and projects. I'm even toying with the idea of repurposing duct tape and masking tape and using it in my art!

Kelly Kilmer said...

I LOVE Your use of color and imagery! These are fabulous!!! I can't wait to see what happens when you use your pens on them! I've been using tape in my artwork for about 7 or 8 years now and I LOVE it. It's totally addicting and quite fun to use! I have a whole list on my blog of the different tapes and my favorite sources for them, if it helps. Keep up your amazing pages!