You Shall See the Beautiful Things...


I have been inspired by some of our summer events.  We went to several places this summer with carousels...  Disneyworld, of course.  The carousel was one of Daria's favorite rides.

We rode a lot of carousels this summer.  Our local zoo has a carousel, as well as a fun restaurant in our town called Ella's Deli.  If you ever visit Madison, WI go to this deli for lunch, it's a real trip!   Little Amerricka is a (little) amusement park only 20 min. from our house and they have all kinds of fun kiddie rides.  We went to all these places this summer and Daria had a blast riding the carousel at all of them.  Also, at Little Amerricka they have a cool little train ride.  I mean, the train is pretty small.  Daria loves trains (thank you, Thomas the Train).  So we go on the train ride and I expect the ride to just go around the park.  The train ride lasted 15 minutes and took us off to a farm area next to the park.  And there's ducks and cows and a peacock and sheep and all the typical little farm animals.  Then, as you loop around we see a ZEBRA.  I was thoroughly amused to see the zebra on the farm.  I was not expecting that.  The zebra made its way into my painting.


There was a book of children's fairy tales that I had where I cut out this text and used it in a previous collage.  I like this phrase and repeated it here with rub-on letters.



 Linked to Paint Party Friday, Artists in Blogland and Out of the Journal.









21 comments

Mary C. Nasser said...

Gorgeous artwork, Marcia!
Love the palette of primary color tints and the carousel theme!
Wonderful!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Netty said...

This would be a wonderful painting for a child's bedroom, so bright and cheerful and lots to see. Happy PPF Annette x

sharon said...

What a happy painting, love the bright colours. Have a happy PPF, on a carousel?

Unknown said...

Love your bright and fun painting, Marcia! What a fun summer! A zebra in Wisconsin! What a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Love the carousel image, what fun. Your summer has been great so many trips and great things your daughter will always remember! xox

GlorV1 said...

This is a happy painting indeed. Love the carousel and the fun it offers. Thanks for sharing.

GlorV1 said...

This is a happy painting indeed. Love the carousel and the fun it offers. Thanks for sharing.

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

ohhh! I love this! I love all the pretty, cheerful colors you used. :)

Terrie said...

As usual your great use of bright colors brings a smile to my face - though I don't usually comment, I read your blog faithfully and love your vivacious style. visiting from AIB.

Kreanimo said...

Lovely artwork and the carousel picture is lovely :)

Unknown said...

How colorful! Love it!

Natasha said...

I have a fondness for carousels. I love this piece. Beautiful colours.

Helen Campbell said...

It's lovely work, so full of colorful happy memories!

Clare Lloyd said...

gorgeous colours and fab journalling. x

bohemiannie! art said...

You're art is wonderful as always...and I love the words you've used from the book.

Unknown said...

I love the colour and texture you have created here and what a lovely snippet in yr Journal to remind you of fun times ;0)

In Answer to your question DP design papers are just normal Scrapping papers, I do hope you will add to your journal by playing along in my Journal challenge each month ;0)

Joanna said...

Aww, 'You shall see the beautiful things' is so cute - wonderful colours and I love how the zebra got included (no, I wouldn't expect to see a zebra on a farm either!).

Ritu Dua said...

Indeed I could see some beautiful things on your blog and a reflection of fond memories too!

Sue said...

Love the bright colors on your canvas. Makes me want to go ride the merry-go-round!

Karen Smithey said...

This is so happy and bright--perfect for summer--

Hadiyah said...

Gorgeous gorgeous work...ure art is sooo inspiring,
I amantwelve year old who has just made a new blog, do leave some love by