5 Fabulous Things I am Loving Right Now and 1 That I am NOT!


1.  How to Make Trillions of Dollars... or why American all tired and unhealthy and vaguely dissatisfied with their lives.  It explains a lot!

2.  Fingerprint Artist Judith Braun




3.  Crayon Engraving with Oil Pastels-- Great lesson plan for kids.. so beautiful!


4.  You just never know...
      or why you should try to be compassionate in all your interactions...

5.  Best Art Journaling picture I have seen lately!   LOVE.

And the one thing I am not loving right now...

1.  Anthropologie's racist candlesticks...  I saw this and have been following this story.  Thankfully they decided to pull the candlesticks off their website.  But, really?  Do they not have a design/editorial team that would have realized this could be perceived as racist?   What do you think?  The story interested me in particular because after my grandpa died we sold thousands of his "collectibles" on Ebay.  He was a flea market dealer hoarder and had rooms and rooms of fun stuff.  We came across a collection of mammy dolls.  I think I actually still have them in a box somewhere because I did not want to sell them if they were considered a racial stereotype. 

7 comments

Unknown said...

This is the first I've heard of the candlestick. It's ugly. Racial or not it's unlikely anyone would have bought it.

Teddi said...

oh my awesome fingerprint artist, etching, darling turtle involved in art journal. we do watch too much tv. i know i'm addicted. i know our culture encourages us to buy too much junk. then it quickly falls apart. that article is right. you DO never know what someone else is going through. racist anything bothers me. grrr!

Unknown said...

I love your blog post idea for inspiration and the fingerprint artist is amazing!

Roberta Warshaw said...

The fingerprint artist is quite amazing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mary, that candlestick was soooo ugly, never mond the attitudes that let anypne put it in the store....wierd... Fingerprint artist is quite amazing. xox

Unknown said...

Thank you for this list. Love "You Never Know" and was really taken aback by the candlestick. I hadn't heard of this -- so stupid and ugly too!

Cameron said...

I agree with it all....especially the fingerprint artist....Wow!