1. We are having a really cool new challenge at Artists in Blogland called Color the Quote. Jessica Sporn has graciously decided to help me with the group and she is running this challenge.
2. Artfully Carin interviewed me for her arty mama series. After interviewing 3 artist moms about balancing motherhood and art for Featuring magazine, the tables were turned on me and she asked me several questions. This series will run on her blog starting on Feb. 2. Don't miss it!
3. I answered questions for Seth Apter's series "Tell All" way back in June 2011. One of my answers will be on his blog this weekend also. The question was, "“what is the one thing that you know now that you would have liked to have known when you first started to create art?” I can't wait to find out my answer, since I don't remember how I answered this one! cringe.
4. Check out my newly made-over art teaching blog: Art is Basic There are oodles of fun art projects for grades K-6. I've been working really hard on it and I'm very proud of it.
5. Here is something funny. I've been getting all kinds of new creative spam!! This one was so over the top I had to share. The comment was left on a post about 1st graders recycled scrap masks. I'm glad I was able to help someone who believed their life was over :) Also, is there any way to prevent spam on a self-hosted wordpress site without paying for a spam service?