Art Journal Page Using Scrapbook Paper


Materials used:
Scrapbook paper, paints, white out pen, gelato crayons, markers, homemade stickers...

For this page I was purely playing.  I bought some new paints and have been eager to just play around with them and see how the colors blended.
 


Lately, I've been....

USING and LOVING:  The My Fitness Pal app!  You can track your daily calories through this FREE app.  Tons of foods are already listed or you can add your own.  You can use the scanner to scan a barcode where the nutritional information automatically logs to your account.  Add the exercise you do and it calculates the calories burned.  I really love this app.  It's so easy to use and it's free.  A couple of my friends also use it and you can connect on it and share your food diaries and give each other feedback.  If you use My Fitness Pal, let me know if you want to add me as a friend. 

SLEEPING:  a lot

PLANNING:  the Talent Show for school, the Middle School dance.. it's going to be a masquerade!, my grade reports and Spirit Week.  I've been swamped this month!

FEELING:  irritated.  My eye have been chronically irritated for the past month.  It feels like there is something always stuck in my eye.  I went to the doctor and she couldn't find anything wrong.  I'm going to make a special appointment with an opthomologist on Monday.  Typically when I've been coming home the past week or so I just want to close my eyes and lay down.  I know, I just had my fingers burned and now this.  I feel like a hypochondriac!

READING:  When I have been feeling up for using my eyes, I have been reading a couple books that have been helpful.  The first is Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community.  It's a pretty useful guide for blogging, but honestly the tone was a little much for me.  Also, ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income.  Ok, I love the title!  Ha!  That's funny.  The book was written obviously by a professional blogger.  I'm definitely not expecting to become a professional blogger, but it was great to get tips about writing blog posts, setting up a blog and just the ins and outs of it all.  I am going to do the Embarrassment of Riches TBR Reading Challenge.. where you try to knock off some of the books you already own.  I'm pledging to read 24 TBR books in 2013.  I can totally do it! 

WORKING ON:  I've been working really hard on my new self-hosted wordpress blog.  I set up one for my art teaching blog.  Currently, I have about 500 posts from that blog which is hosted on blogger.  I decided to go to Wordpress for the blog because I think the layout is just cleaner and easier to navigate.  I have hundreds of lesson plans up there and this is just so much easier to find specific ones.  It's still not up to the point where I want to move over all my subscribers yet, but when I feel like I have a good handle on Wordpress I'm going to do that.  I don't know if you know anything about CSS or PHP files, but wow is it confusing!  I decided to edit some of them to get specific outcomes and it was going swimmingly.  Changes were being made, things were looking good and then, bam! I made some sort of error and the whole site crashed.  Did I back it up?  No.  Did I even know how to back it up?  No.  So then I ended up having to reimport everything again and start from scratch.  Now I'm going to be a bit more careful about what I edit in those files. 

ORGANIZING:  A homemade postcard swap in Artists in Blogland.  Check it out and sign up to swap 3 postcards.



Now you should go check out Paint Party Friday and Art Journal Every Day!



17 comments

Roxana White said...

Love the page! Beautiful colors, once :)

Anonymous said...

***BIG SMILE*** when I saw this page. So unabashedly happy. Try artificial tears ointment - my eyes get really dry in winter - wood stove - etc and it works to keep my eyes moist. Wordpress is pretty fun to use, Carolyn and I use it(but I have a little gremlin called my son who helps me when I get stuck) But now that I am used to it, I really like it, no problems uploading photos, etc. Have a good weekend with family...Got to get my postcard out to you....xox

Teddi said...

marcia, i really like the idea of painting over scrapbook paper and incorporating into something brand new. your art is lovely! :) you sound very busy. sorry about your eyes. :(

Netty said...

Terrific idea of painting over scrapbook paper and loving your results. Happy PPF, Annette x

Dara Lynn said...

Playing just looks like soooo good! Loving the bright colors! :)

Denise Mulligan said...

Ahh, I just got a whopping dose of color from your lovely blog. Thank you...from grey, freezing New York.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love the way your transformed this scrapbook page, Marcia! Amazing!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

bellefrogworks said...

What a wonderful happy and colorful journal page. Hope you find the answer to your irritated eye - those "small" things can really wear you down

Debbie said...

I love the bright colors and cheerful design of this page.

Jester said...

A delightful page. It is so bright and cheerful. I love it!
Thanks for following my blog!

Ivy said...

LOVE the colors, so happy and vibrant! Happy PPF!

Anne Manda said...

Love your happy and cheerful page, the colors are absolutely delicious! <3

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what a really happy page Marcia!!! You are one busy lady for sure.Happy PPF!

PiaRom said...

so bright and cheerful!!! those gelatos looks very yummy ;)

jafabrit said...

beautiful yummy colours and patterns.

Giggles said...

Very pretty way to play...love the vibrant colors!

Hugs Giggles

iHanna said...

Love the colours and papers and everything about this page! Yummy!