Color this Quotes & Sticky Journals: Cutting out shapes from tape


The quote for June from Artists in Blogland is: 
"May there be peace and prosperity within your walls."  Psalms 122.7

Here I will show you the steps I used to make my art journal page.

1.  First, take a separate sheet of paper and put patterned and colored tape in straight lines across.  Overlap them for interest.


2.  Cut out shapes and strips from the page of tape.  Glue to your art journal page.



3.  Add lettering (I used a Pilot Varsity Disposable Fountain Pen.   Add smudging and marks with other markers, Gel Sticks - 12 ct and RoseArt Neon Gel Crayons.)


Check out the other posts in this series about using your stickers and tapes in art journal pages:

1.  Sticky Inspiration
2.  My new stickers & some pages with them
3.  Using patterned tape in an art journal page
4.  Guest Post:  Marly Martinez
5.  Tape Lines artwork
6.  How to Create Your Own Stickers Using Picmonkey
7.  Sticker Art Inspiration

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!  Love, Marcia
Art is Basic website
My Art
Etsy Shop
Pinterest

1 comment

Unknown said...

This looks fun. Now I finally know what to do with those meters of tape.
Thanks.