Sticky Journals: A Journal Page with Tape & Link Up

Welcome to the first weekly link-up for the summer of Sticky Journals!

I like to use patterned tape as a decorative element in my art journal pages. 

In this page, there is polka dot tape at the top and bottom of the page.  The rest of the page was made with watercolor paints, a print from a texture plate, collage elements from a vintage children's book, rub-on letters and rub-on flourishes.
Do you use stickers or tape in your artwork?  If you have any sticky art to share, please link up below!

Loading InLinkz ...




Art is Basic website
My Art
Etsy Shop
Pinterest

7 comments

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love your journal page! I just adore how light and colorful it is. :)

Vario Creative Art said...

I love the colors you've used! Beautiful!

Linda Kunsman said...

love the whimsical feel and the happy colors here!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the fun colors in your art journal page. I use stickers sometimes, and have a Tim Holtz butterfly on one of the tags in my current post. However, it is the same post that's linked to your Show & Tell Saturday, so I don't want to double dip. I'd love for you to come visit, though. By the way, I just noticed you are a teacher too. Yesterday was our last day of class, so it's fun to know I have the Summer to work on my artwork full time, but it's sad to see my 5th graders move on. Blessings!

Michellem said...

Fun page - you might want to link up to Illustration Friday. This week's topic is CHILDREN.

Unknown said...

I love your colorful journaling style, I am a washi tape fan and I love to see how people use them in their artwork :). Thank you for your link opportunity, I put a link to my washi tape art journal above.

Anonymous said...

Airy and colorful...Usually I dont art journal but inspired by Artist in blogland I tried something new and used a lots of stickers and painted pasta stick... I will connect back and share when its posted online:)