Guest Post for Sticky Journals: Marly Martinez



Guest Post:  Marly Martinez

I sent out 5 packets of stickers to 5 different artists and throughout the summer I will share with you what they have created.  The first guest artist is Marly Martinez and her blog is called The Letter M:  Decollecting all of my Art Supplies.  Here is what she has to say about the Sticky Journal challenge.

011

"I was lucky enough to get to Marcia before all the spots for her Sticky Journals summer feature were gone. She sent me a ton of pretty stickers to play with and after staring at them for about an hour, I was ready to admit defeat.

I always let the aspiration of making something 'good' get in the way of having fun. Inspiration? Check. Art supplies? Check. Sitting down to make something? Check....absolutely terrified? Double check!

Well, enough of that. I jumped in and here is the first of hopefully many. Thank you so much to Marcia for sending the lovely stickers. I'm currently planning what to send back. It's half the fun!

012 

014
Messy desk, hand carved stamp, stickers, paint markers, black pens and water soluble crayons.

I really like how Marly used the stickers in the center and then created a mandala shape around it!  Great idea.  Thanks for playing, Marly.


Best wishes, Marcia
Art is Basic website
My Art
Etsy Shop
Pinterest

3 comments

GlorV1 said...

I like it too. I've never really gone out and bought stickers. I'll have to try that sometime. She did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Marly said...

Thank you so much for the chance to join in, Marcia!

Thank you, Gloria for the nice comments! :)

A'n'G Johnson said...

I love the Mandala idea and to incorporate stickers that way.

Marcia, I've linked to you in my most recent blog post since I added a sticker, inspired by you!