True Free Spirit painting

 

This painting I created using acrylic paints, inks, oil pastels and patterned paper while taking Mindy Lacefield's True Free Spirit class.   

The summer is winding down and school will be starting soon!  I don't know about you but this summer went by so fast.  I think part of the feeling was because many of the days at the beginning were rainy and cool so it did not feel like summer.  
 


Currently I am reading:

The Interestings and  Blogging for Creatives




Art is Basic website
My Art
Etsy Shop
Pinterest

17 comments

Tina said...

Oh my gosh I really love this painting! Great work!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work! Valerie

Anonymous said...

She is delightful! Thanks for the book recommendations. xox

miriam miller said...

how fun, lovely bright and happy

Faye said...

Lovely work. And I think you are right. The summer was unbelievably short. Maybe it was because of the rain, rain, rain, and more rain, and not many sunny days.

Ivy said...

I love your TFS girl! I'm in the class too but am very behind on the lessons. Love your girl!!

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Tina!

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Valerie!

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Corrine! The Interestings book is pretty good so far!

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Miriam!

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Faye. We had some sunny days here but it was a weird summer. Lots of cool days.

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks. This one I started in Feb or March I think. You have the same icon as one of my friends so I was confused at first who you were, lol.

Giggles said...

I love the colors and style in this lovely painting!
Good job!

Hugs Giggles

Mary said...

Oh, this is wonderful! And yes, the summer has flown by.

bellefrogworks said...

What a fun, free spirited painting. The girl is wonderful and the colors are so lively.

Anne Manda said...

Lavely painting, wonderful freedom of brushwork and colors!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Wonderful summery colours. Beautiful painting:)