Art Journaling with Limited Supplies: another Sticky Journal post


When we went to Michigan last week, I brought a small kit of art supplies.  In the kit was a medium size plastic envelope with a handful of painted papers, collage elements, stickers and tape.

I also brought a small box with glue, scissors, and a few pens and markers.  I tried to keep the art supplies to a minimum and really force myself to create something from just the small selection of materials I brought.  We used up almost all of the paper and collage elements I brought!

My mom surprised the kids with more stickers, stampers and a packet of markers, so we had a variety of materials to work with.

Some of the pages in my art journal were pre-prepped with spray inks and a little bit of paint.

Sticky elements used in this collage:
  • homemade sticker with quote
  • pink polka dot tape
  • giraffe sticker

 

Here is another page I made:


And here are a few pics from our vacation!
Hiking in Indiana
Playing on the beach in Michigan

Picking peaches in an orchard
The kids watching the dune buggy ride
The rides were fast!
Family pic at the dunes (Andrew, Daria and I are the three on the right side)
We roasted Smores, but Daria just wanted to eat plain marshmallows
I hope you enjoyed my post reliving my vacation trip! 

Check out the other posts in this series about using your stickers and tapes in art journal pages:

1.  Sticky Inspiration
2.  My new stickers & some pages with them
3.  Using patterned tape in an art journal page
4.  Guest Post:  Marly Martinez
5.  Tape Lines artwork
6.  How to Create Your Own Stickers Using Picmonkey
7.  Sticker Art Inspiration 
8.  Cutting out shapes from tape
9.  Guest Post:  Chandra Newton
12.  Guest Post:  Rachel Mims
13.  Sticker Inspiration
14.  Guest Post:  Ana Polari


Linking to Art Journal Every Day
Art is Basic website
My Art
Etsy Shop
Pinterest

5 comments

Linda Kunsman said...

looks like a really wonderful vacation Marcia! I love the whimsical style of your pages.

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Linda!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous pages - they feel so light and airy.

Laney said...

Love your colorful pages!

Teddi said...

lovely art marcia. i know that's what i always say. all those photos of daria are super cute! :) looks like you're enjoying summer.