10 Weeks Left!

I have 10 weeks left until I meet this little guy.  I can't wait!


This has not been an easy pregnancy.  I found out early on that I had gestational diabetes again.  This time, my body was not reacting at all to pills, so I had to change over to injecting myself with insulin.  In addition to testing my blood sugars 4 times a day, I have to inject myself with insulin shots 4 times a day.  On top of that, the medicines/testing equipment has been costing me about $200 per month for the supplies (and that is with insurance covering part of it.)   I know many people have to deal with this on a daily basis for the rest of their life.  My mom is one who has regular diabetes.  It's a big wake up call that I need to be sure to exercise a lot and eat super healthy after I give birth in order to get my blood sugars under control naturally.  Usually, women go back to normal after giving birth, but having gestational diabetes makes it much more likely to develop regular diabetes later.  I know that sometimes it's genetic and nothing can prevent it, but I will feel better knowing that I did everything I could to make it less likely.

On to some fun art stuff...
 A doodled heart with India Ink, watercolors and markers
In progress collage with vintage Valentines and watercolors
 In progress collage with vintage Valentines and watercolors


I just ordered and received these two books which are bursting with possibilities for creative art journaling.  Thanks Suzi Blu for the recommendations!

Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal   and

The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder

Keep in touch with me!

Art is Basic website
Facebook
Etsy Shop
Pinterest

4 comments

Unknown said...

Your little guy sure does look precious. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with gestational diabetes, I wish you all the luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks Shayna! I'm counting the weeks now!

Anonymous said...

So exciting Marcia. Looks like you have the right idea about taking care of yourself, so you will...Sweet heart art. You must be bursting to have your little family altogether. xox

iHanna said...

Awww, a baby inside, congratulations! Take care of you both!