New Painting

I need a name for this painting... any ideas?  I use fruits, leaves and flowers as well as doodles from my subconscious for inspiration.

I'm also considering adding white gouache in places for more interest.  I don't know.  There are parts that I think look a bit awkward (like the circle with the weird purple spiky things) and maybe the white gouache will tone them down.


I really like this new Aquabord that I tried.  It's like a canvas board for watercolor paints.  I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, but it seems there are a bunch of online dealers that sell it too.  It doesn't absorb as quickly into the surface as paper, but I like it a lot because you don't have to worry about wrinkling paper and the board itself is actually not the expensive.  Another thing I like is that if you want to remove a color or blend a color, you can get a napkin wet and wipe it off so it's lighter.

Here are some detail shots.




16 comments

She Who Doodles said...

i love it don't change it. the circle with the spikey thing looks like an eye. i've been doodling a lot lately but hadn't thought to put it on canvas with paint.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying the energy here! Wonderful. xox Corrine

Netty said...

Terrific painting, so fabulously full of colour and interest. Have never heard of Aquabord, it definitely sounds very interesting. Happy PPF, Annette x

Anonymous said...

beautiful,, just like a candy box of colors,,

EVA said...

A wonderful piece with great colours!! Beautiful.

SHERI COOK said...

Your work is vibrant and beautiful. Thanks for the heads up on possible new watercolor surface to try. HAPPY PPF!

Crystal said...

this is just beautiful. Sorry I can't help with a name, that is the always the hardest part for me--- figuring out a name for a painting. :-)

BahamaDawn said...

this is awesome just the way it is!! happy PPF!

GlorV1 said...

This is a great piece, lots of action, vivid colors. Love it!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good media to paint on. love the colour

love DAwn xx

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

Your composition is amazing.
I love the colors and the overlapping of shapes

Unknown said...

I love these gorgeous colors and shapes you used- just beautiful!
Happy PPF (a day late ;))
Stephanie

Unknown said...

What a lovely and fun painting! I love it! I've never tried aqua board, and it sounds like something I'd love to try. Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

I love it and would say don't change a thing! But stare at my painting and have to get them perfect to my specifics! I just adore the colors and vibrant movement is electric!

Hugs Giggles

Dianne said...

Absolutely gorgeous, juicy color!!

Jenn Girl said...

I really love this piece!