Women Artists

I would like to introduce to you some of my favorite women artists.  Molly, over at Her Speak, posted about some of her favorites. 

Without further introduction, here are some to get you thinking, exploring and looking.

Media:  Fiber, Mixed Media Installation
Status:  Alive

I just discovered her artwork this year.  She had a solo exhibit at the contemporary art museum here in Madison.  Her work is totally up my alley.



Media:  Installations, Photographs, Conceptual
Status:  Alive

I had the opportunity to hear her speak at an art convention and get her autograph and a photo taken with her.


This is so amazing, because it is not an artwork created by a computer, it is an actual scene made of cheese puffs! 

Media: Sculpture, Painting
Status:  Died in 1970








More to come later!!

2 comments

Her Speak said...

Shinique Smith is brand new to me--love the bold colors and sweeping shapes!

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

I love Eva Hesse's work, it is so sad she is no longer with us.


Shinique Smith's colors are so vibrant.
Beautiful artwork.

Thanks for sharing